The building services industry remains one of the UKs most dynamic and wide ranging industries, with many sites facing high power demand, embedded generators and renewable power, as well as more complex control systems. Developers are faced within increasingly complex systems, tight project time scales and the need to ensure that all equipment is correctly specified and designed.
SPE Electrical can offer a wide range of studies and services across the building M&E sector, covering conceptual design ideas, system analysis and detailed design activities. Typical services we offer can include:
- Protection Coordination Studies
- Arc Flash studies
- Fault Level studies
- Earthing Design and Analysis using either CDEGS or XGSLab
- HV cable sizing calculations
- CHP and renewable integration
- ENA P28/2 Voltage Disturbance Studies
- ENA G5.5 Harmonic Studies
- ENA G99 compliance Studies
- Preparation and Completion of ENA G99 forms
- Concept development
- Validation and review of Client design
- Protection scheme design & CT sizing
- HV network design and reinforcement planning
Members of this team, working together, have successfully worked on several notable projects, which are summarised below:
- Clancy Consulting – Cullham Fusion Buildings: Detailed Fault Level study, Protection Coordination study and earthing study of a major expansion to a leading science research facility in Oxfordshire.
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals, Treslike: Detailed site survey, Protection Coordination study and earthing study for a major upgrade of an existing hospital.
- JCP – Newcastle Science Park: Fault Level and Protection Coordination study for a new development site, consisting of an 11kV distribution ring and CHP unit within the UK.
- Southampton General Hospital: Protection audit and site survey and Loadflow, Fault level and Protection Coordination study for a major UK hospital.
- Dewhurst – Barrow Hospital: Protection coordination study for a major UK hospital.
- Clancy Consulting – St James Centre: Detailed Fault Level study considering asymmetric switching duty and cascaded MCCBs, for a new shopping centre with an integrated energy centre development in Scotland.
- Bougyues E&S – Blenheim Palace: Concept study to develop overall power system configuration and operation for a major upgrade to a historic site within the UK, through addition of a new 5MW solar PV array, 1MW battery storage system, major EV charging network and upgrade of the existing 11kV distribution system.