The industrial sector is one of the UKs key markets and is characterised by its diversity and range of companies and products, ranging from manufacturing facilities, to food processing plants, warehouses, recycling plants, ports and many others. The one thing the industry has in common is its need for cheap and reliable electricity, and a desire to maximize any future investment in electrical infrastructure.
SPE Electrical can offer a wide range of studies and services across the industrial sector, covering conceptual design ideas, system analysis and detailed design activities. Typical services we offer can include:
- Site surveys and reviews
- Protection coordination studies and reviews
- Preparation and Completion of ENA G99 forms
- Preparation and Completion of National Grid application forms
- Fault level studies
- Concept design for adding in CHP and embedded Solar PV and Wind generation
- HV network design and reinforcement planning
- Advice on Demand Side Reduction (DSR)
- Advice on using battery storage systems for power arbitrage (peak shifting)
- Addition of new Electric Vehicle charging stations
- Equipment failure investigation
- Harmonic surveys and mitigation
- Arc Flash studies
- HV and LV Cable sizing calculations
- Earthing Design and Analysis
Members of this team, working together, have successfully worked on several notable projects, which are summarised below:
- Integrated Utility Services (IUS) – AMG Superalloys: Fault and Protection Coordination study for a specialist metal processing facility in Rotherham, UK.
- Twyver Switchgear – TESCO: Protection Coordination and Arc Flash studies for 9 different sites across the UK.
- SSE Enterprise – Howmet Aerospace: Fault and Protection Coordination study for a large industrial and specialist manufacturing facility, in Exeter, UK.
- AVK / Red Engineering – Woodsmith Mine: Dynamic Loadflow and P28/2 studies for a new Potash mine, considering the dynamic loading of multiple hoists and battery energy storage systems in Yorkshire. UK.
- Edward Dewhurst – BAE Smalesbury: Protection Coordination study for large industrial site, in the UK.
- Royal Haskoning DHV – Rasl Al Khair Maritime yard: Loadflow, Short Circuit, Motor Starting and Arc Flash study for one of the worlds largest shipyards in Saudi Arabia.