The Oil & Gas industry within the UK, is undergoing a series of difficult transformations at present, bit still remains a key sector within the UK, and many member of the public would be surprised at how many active sties within the UK still remain. Many of the sites face similar problems, of aging assets and infrastructure and a need to meet ever more stringent legislation and lower production costs. At SPE we use a number of industry leading software packages such as ETAP, DIgSILENT, EMPT-ATP and CDEGS.
SPE Electrical can offer a wide range of studies and services across the Oil & Gas industry, covering conceptual design ideas, system analysis and detailed design activities. Typical services we offer can include:
- Concept development
- Loadflow, fault level, motor starting, protection, stability and arc flash studies with ETAP or DIgSILENT
- Transformer energisation and inrush studies with DIgSILENT or EMTP-ATP
- Insulation Coordination with DIgSILENT or EMTP-ATP
- Reliability & Availability studies
- Hazardous Area Classification and assessment
- Protection scheme design & CT sizing
- Interface design to existing assets
- HV cable sizing calculations
- HV network design and reinforcement planning
- Earthing Design and Analysis using either CDEGS or XGSLab
Members of this team, working together, have successfully worked on several notable projects, which are summarised below:
- Storengy – Stublatch Site: Power system studies (Fault Level, Protection Coordination, Arc Flash and Dynamics) for a 132kV, 50MW, gas storage facility in the UK.
- Fabri – Shell Haven: HV design and calculations, and power system studies (Fault Level, Arc Flash and Protection Coordination) to support replacement of an existing main 6.6kV switchboard.
- BPA – Kingsbury: Power system studies (Fault Level, Protection Coordination and Arc Flash) for an 11kV connected oil storage and pumping facility in the UK.
- SSE – OPA: Detail design for a DC inter-tripping circuit between two substations for a pipeline pumping station in the UK.
- Influit – HKN Sarsang: Organisation and Chairing a safety SAFOP review for a new detail design project in Kazakhstan.